Congratulations on your graduation from Sierra Vista High School!
On behalf of the teachers and staff, we are so very proud of you and look forward to seeing you at our graduation ceremony on July 22, 2020. We recognize that this wasn’t the graduation ceremony you expected but we are excited about what we have planned within the guidelines of the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health’s requirements. We will have a drive through graduation ceremony on our own Sierra Education Center (SEC) campus.
All graduates will:
There are four schools on the SEC campus, so each school will have designated times for their ceremonies and each graduate will be assigned a window during that time based on last name. See the chart below for your assigned time:
If you have family members with a different assigned time and you plan to arrive together, please contact the office at (562) 698-8121 x1330 by Monday, July 20, 2020 and we will work that out for you.
To prepare for our ceremony, caps and gowns will be distributed on July 16 from 9:30 am – 12:00 pm in front of the Whittier Adult School main office via drive through pick up. Social distancing guidelines will be enforced.
Please follow these guidelines:
- Only one vehicle for the graduate and immediate family will be allowed. In the case of separated families, two cars will be allowed. Arrange in advance to meet before entering the parking lot so your family’s cars enter at the same time.
- No oversized vehicles – including motorhomes, party buses or limousines – will be permitted.
- Vehicles must be enclosed (no motorcycles, convertibles with the top open, golf carts or bicycles). Riding on the back of a truck is not permitted.
- Enter the parking lot DURING YOUR ASSIGNED TIME
- All graduates will wear their caps and gowns upon arrival
- All family members must remain in their vehicle at all times. Families will be allowed to take photos from the comfort of their vehicle, but they will not be permitted to exit vehicles to take photos. A professional photographer will take pictures of each graduate, and in addition to the complimentary photo, additional photos will be available to families for purchase.
- Face masks must be worn by all guests when any windows in the vehicle are open.
- Graduates must wear face masks upon exiting their vehicles. Graduates may remove their masks while having photos taken.
- The District has a zero-tolerance policy on the possession, consumption or sale of alcoholic beverages or any restricted substances.
Order of Processional: