It is the mission of Sierra Vista High School to provide students who prefer a non-traditional educational setting the means to successfully complete their high school graduation requirements through flexible schedules, intensive adult contact, small classes, individualized learning plans, and frequent assessment of progress, while receiving rigorous standards-based instruction. Sierra Vista High School strives to empower students to become productive human beings able to become effective citizens in a global, diverse society.
Sierra Vista High School has a vision of:
- Allowing students to study at their own pace within the limits of compulsory attendance requirements.
- Creating a bridge between the school and community.
- Challenging each student to excel in his/her area of special interest and abilities.
- Encouraging students resourcefulness.
- Offering effective educational choices to students and families.
- Offering flexibility in the design of an educational program, including the grouping of independent study students to focus on common educational objectives.
- Offering on site childcare for parenting students.
- Providing an alternative for students to achieve competency and mastery in basic skills.
- Providing opportunities for students to complete vocational training and/or college courses while completing graduation requirements.